The significance of mantras in Spiritual awakening
Mantra means a sound, a certain expression or syllable . Today, modern science sees all existence as reverberations of energy and different levels of vibration. Where there is a vibration, there is bound to be a sound. Therefore , this means that all existence is a kind of sound , or a complex amalgam of sounds – the whole existence is an amalgam of several mantras. If you use them in a certain way, become a key to open a different dimension of life and experience within you.
The spiritual awakening can start with understanding or sudden change in our thinking that opens us to the knowledge that we are not just a physical body and mind that exists in this world. We are much more, and part of what we wanted when we incarnate at this time is the ability to learn our truth. The truth is that we are spiritual beings living in physical bodies, but often our mind does not want to allow us to know that, because our mind is led by our ego, and ego wants to keep us safe in the place of the unknown.
It is the egocentric type of energy that might be thinking, but the kind of power that allows us to live in the quiet knowing that we are not alone. There is a higher power that exists out there and within us all at the same time; and spiritual awakening is the process of discovering the truth and the incorporation of knowing that in our day to day life.
Mantras are Sanskrit, the ancient language of India, and have existed for over 3,000 years. Are sacred sounds, expressions, words or groups of words that are believed to have spiritual powers; especially when they used during meditation. The literal translation of the mantra is “instrument of thought ‘, which means that help aid our concentration.
Mantras have been used in Hinduism, Buddhism, Taoism and even Christianity as instruments of prayer, and come in many forms normally sing, sing like hymns or repeat mentally. Mantras that are longer in length can be repeated three times for maximum effect, while shorter mantras must be sung 108 times. Mala pearls, a pearl necklace of 109, can help keep count as repeat your mantras during meditation.
The tradition behind the repetition of a mantra 108 times comes from the Hindu belief and yoga that the number is sacred for many reasons, including lines 108 of energy converging to make the heart chakra, the diameter of the sun is 108 times the diameter of Earth, and is not considered to be 108 sacred sites in India. When used the bad, the cord 109 is commonly used to give thanks to those who have been teachers and important people in your life.
Chanting a mantra can actually slow your breathing, which helps to relax in meditation and relieving your body of any tension that has been performing in. The first time you start using a mantra repetition can sometimes seem boring or even distracted while meditating, but with practice you will most likely find that you get into a rhythm with his mantra and you can start to feel like a part of you. Whether you sit in the lotus position for an hour in deep meditation, or repeat your mantra in silence for three minutes in the middle of your work day, you will begin to experience a sense of peace and tranquility of mantra meditation .
12 Chakra Mantras To Unblock Energy
Sound is vibration. What may not be aware of is that each of the chakras has a specific vibration , as well – and can be used mantras that are known to be in vibrational harmony with each chakra, with the effects of liberalization and harmonization of the system. Here are some useful mantras to help unlock energy.
The use of mantras during meditation chakra can have a very powerful effect . Imagine a chakra as an instrument, and mantra as a tuning fork – hit the tuning fork , and the instrument will enter into vibrational resonance with it , clearing any energy that do not share the same resonance .
5 seed Mantras
Let’s start with basic mantras mantras called bija mantras, or seeds, which have been used universally in the practice of meditation to bring the power of one. OM: The best known and universal of bija mantras is the sound of creation and makes the energy to collect and flow upward and outward.
- OM is the mantra of acceptance and approval. It helps you to accept your higher self and allow energy to flow openly and freely through you. It also serves as a mantra meeting, gathering his energy into and preparing your energy for movement.
- KRIM (pronunciation “kreem”): Chanting this mantra stimulates the lower chakras to awaken and begin the purification of your body.
- SHRIM (pronunciation “Shreem”): Your associations are with the head and third eye. It promotes physical and spiritual health, but can also be used to bring beauty and joy to the senses.
- Hrim (pronunciation “Hreem”): This healing powers and creativity remains. Chanting this mantra awakens compassion and purifies the heart.
- HUM (pronunciation “Hoom”): This evokes rupture negative feelings and positivity and vitality extends through the body.
7 Cleansing Mantras
- LAM: The mantra sung cleaning for your root chakra, which keeps us grounded and earthbound. The chant this mantra will clean the impurities that can collect in the root chakra – literally opening to the feeling of security, prosperity and membership – and clear any blocked energy that is prevented from moving through the other six major energy centers. Chant “LAM” if your energy is low, struggling financially, you suffer from low self esteem and you suffer from adrenal fatigue and other stress-related ailments.
- VAM: The mantra cleaning your sacral chakra, which is associated with sexuality, pleasure and creativity. The opening of this chakra is open until others, will give you the courage to express themselves and to accept the change. Chant “VAM” is that it has poor self-image, it is difficult to open in relationships, you feel unsatisfied sexually and suffer from low libido.
- RAM: This opens the solar plexus chakra, the seat of his personal power. Chanting “RAM” increase your ability to stand up for yourself, control negative impulses and exercise greater self-control. Your self-esteem will increase as you sing “RAM” and become more confident and self-assured – and anxiety and frequent stomach aches subside!
YAM: The mantra cleaning your heart chakra. Give and receive love through the center of energy that is your heart chakra. If you do not feel loving, kind, humanitarian difficulties in relationships or experience, you can use any YAM! Chant “YAM” to cure both the physical heart and central spiritual (emotional) and open heart to unconditional love and compassion.
HAM: The mantra to unlock the throat chakra. This is your physical and spiritual voice, their media you are and what you need and want from yourself and the universe. The throat chakra governs your ability to express – if it is closed, you will find yourself often frustrated because they can not express their needs and desires (closing himself off opportunities and have their needs met); and closed throat chakra makes the honesty and integrity of difficult traits embody. The vibrations of “RAM” your throat chakra so that your energy can flow communication open with force.
AUM (or OM): This opens the third eye chakra. This is the center of his forehead and is directly in line with the center of your brain. While OM is one of the most common mantras and can be used for a wide variety of mantra meditation, it is particularly important for purification and healing your third eye chakra. The third eye chakra (or brow chakra) is the seat of intuition and purpose of life. The chant “OM” is freed from the limitations imposed on itself by not allowing yourself to hear your inner wisdom and use that wisdom to chart the best path to a life with purpose and passion.
OM or AH: Mantras for the crown chakra, the connection to the divine. A closed crown chakra causes feelings of insignificance and meaninglessness, leading to a disconnection of the spirit and an overly strong attachment to possessions, relationships and the physical world. Some find that silence is more effective to open the crown chakra practice, but OM can be used to open it as well. The AH song represents a statement. Consider taking a deep breath, then let it go. AH is the sound of release and let go.
Chakra mantras help clear your energy pathways so that it can thrive , not just survive ; this allows you to make the most of your physical life experience , creating a positive physical, emotional , mental and spiritual change.