Swami Vivekananda was a Hindu monk who made Hinduism the world’s main religion. We have listed 12 inspirational quotes from India’s greatest spiritual leader.
Swami Vivekananda was one of the greatest spiritual leaders in India. Born on January 12, 1863, as Narendra Nath Datta in Calcutta, he enlightened the world with his wisdom. An enthusiastic reader, Swami Vivekananda, was a philosopher, spiritual leader and devoted follower of Hindu beliefs.
He is credited with India’s place on the spiritual map of the world because of his famous speech at the World Parliament of Religions in Chicago in 1893, which changed people’s attitude towards India.
Naren’s childhood was greatly influenced by his father’s liberal thinking and his mother’s spiritual and religious temperament. His intellect was evident from childhood when he became the only student to get first grades in the Presidency College entrance examination. He was an avid reader and read books from a wide variety of genres, including but not limited to religion, history, social science, art, and literature. He was also very interested in the Puranas, Vedas and Upanishads. Not surprisingly, Naren was also deeply interested in spirituality and philosophy from a young age and meditated in front of images of deities such as Shiva, Rama, Sita and Mahavira Hanuman.
At the same time, he was a very naughty and restless child, eager to learn. He was also trained in classical music and regularly engaged in physical exercise, sports, and organized events.
Here are 12 inspiring quotes from Swami Vivekananda:
- Talk to yourself once a day, otherwise, you may miss meeting the smartest person in this world.
- Everything that makes you weak physically, intellectually and spiritually, reject as poison.
- You cannot believe in God until you believe in yourself.
- Who helps you do not forget them? Who loves you, don’t hate them. Who believes you, do not deceive them.
- The world is a great gym where we come to get strong.
- We are what our thoughts have made us; so take care of what you think. Words are secondary. Thoughts live; they travel far.
- Relationships are more important than life, but it is important that there is life in these relationships.
- Get up! Awake! and don’t stop until the goal is reached.
- All the forces in the universe already belong to us. It was we who closed our eyes with our hands and shouted that it was dark.
- The great secret of true success, true happiness, is this: the man or woman who asks nothing in return, who is completely unselfish, achieves the greatest success.
- For a day when you don’t have any problems – you can be sure that you are on the wrong path.
- In a conflict between heart and brain, follow your heart.